BluBox

New York City, baby.

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Blubox Question Of The Day

Would 27 year-old freelance journalist and Columbia grad Alex Polier win American Idol based on her friendster.com profile?

POLIER

About Me: just another hot piece of ass with a philosophy degree and a love for old movies.

JUDGES

Love the energy. Love the look. Over all, an excellent performance, but I'd still like to see more from you. But good. Definitely good.

POLIER

Favorite movies: Die Hard, Clueless and Jerry Maguire.

JUDGES

That was dreadful. It really was. All wrong. Here's what you should have said: The Sweet Smell of Success, The Princess Bride, The Kieslowski trilogy. (Blue being my favorite.) There. That's what we're looking for in this competition.

POLIER

Occupation: journalist/socialite.

JUDGES

Okay, dawg. You got it working.

POLIER

I’m afraid of death, hospitals and insects.

JUDGES

Boring. Boring. Boring. I'm just going to say it -- the object of this competition is to find a star. Right now, I'm not seeing that you're a star. Do you drink too much? Do you summer in Italy? Do you go out dancing with your disobeying British girlfriend Valery and does this always lead to an utter disregard for decency? That's what we care about. Not if you're fearful of spiders.

POLIER

I can’t spell.

JUDGES

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

POLIER

I like old people.

JUDGES

Look. It's fine. It's just fine. But I get this feeling -- well, I don't think you think you're the next American Idol. And frankly, it shows.

POLIER

I want to travel the world reporting on injustices while taking the time to enjoy an umbrella drink when appropriate.

JUDGES

I don't know, dawg. It was good. But... I'm just not feeling it. You know what I'm saying, dawg?

POLIER

Status: Open Marriage

JUDGES

Don't take this the wrong way, but you should lose the fiancé. That's the only constructive thing I can really add.

POLIER

Interests: doting on Yaron, reading bad novels, wedding planning…

JUDGES

Yaron? I think you've blown it. I can honestly say that.

POLIER

…and drinking too much.

JUDGES

That was the best we've seen you. I give that a 9.

POLIER

Who I Want to Meet: A spastic, compulsive, insatiable, well-dressed Israeli, with big blue eyes, a philosophy degree, and a cute infant nephew.

JUDGES

If you were the Dalai Lama, devote Buddhist monks would have kicked and stomped your head in for that performance. I'm serious. That was torturous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home